GUEST POST and GIVEAWAY
A Stranger's Eyes
(Multiple Reflection Book 1)
(Multiple Reflection Book 1)
by Nikki Minty
A Stranger's Eyes is currently on tour with Ravenswood Publishing. The tour stops here today for a guest post by the author and a giveaway. Please be sure to visit the other tour stops as well.
“Yesterday, if someone would have asked me how the world worked I would have told them we are born, we live out our lives, we grow old, and then eventually we die. I would have said we have only one life and we should make the most of it. I would have insisted magic was not real, it was just an illusion, but now it seemed like everything I was certain about in this life is nothing but an illusion.”
After walking in on his girlfriend cheating on him with one of his close pals, Jesse is filled with resentment, but things turn around in more ways than one, when a mysterious and stunning new student by the name of Sienna Lacey enters his English classroom. From the moment Jesse sets eyes on Sienna he is immediately attracted to her and at a second glance she seems oddly familiar, it’s like a strange case of déjà vu.
During their first night out together, Sienna eventually opens up to him, allowing us to learn the truth about her real identity and long heart wrenching history.
In a bid to change Sienna’s future Jesse is determined to make her face her past, but little does he realize that by unfolding the secrets of her past, he will also be unfolding some secrets of his own.
Sound track for A Stranger's Eyes:
Praise for the Book
"Wow! What a great read!" ~ Kieran
"Great read. Sets up well for the next book. Can't wait to but the next one. Loved it enough to Purchased a couple for friends too!" ~ Brooke Casserly
"Great read, loved the main characters and couldn't put the book down. Will be recommending it to all my friends." ~ Carrie
Guest Post by the Author
All About Me
- My name is Nikki Minty.
- I am 30 years old.
- I attended Cambridge park High School, Sydney, Western Suburbs, Australia.
- As well as being an author, I work at Richmond Racecourse as a vet nurse.
- I enjoy painting and drawing in my spare time.
- I collect Monster High dolls.
- I have two kids, Randall (RJ for short) 9 and Lyla 4.
- It took me one year to write my manuscript and another year to re-write it.
- I sent away to a few different Australian publishers, but there is not a big market for ‘dark supernatural’ in Australia. After a few rejections, I changed my manuscript to American English and sent it off to America.
- GMTA, Ravenswood Publishing is based in North Carolina, America. Kitty Bullard, the world’s nicest publisher, runs the place.
- My book cover was designed in conjunction with local Photographer Russell Murray at InLights Photography. I chose to design my own cover, through cost of my own, rather than having it done through the publisher. I had a specific idea I wanted to run with. The girl on the cover is Desiree Vassallo and the guy on the back is my brother Trey Minty.
- My favorite Author is Richelle Mead.
- My 3 favorite book series are the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead, the Switched series by Amanda Hocking and the Slated series by Teri Terry.
- My favorite band is Brand New.
- My favorite actresses are Angelia Jolie and Amber Heard.
- I love history and I’m in love with the idea of the supernatural.
Ever since I was a kid, I’ve always had a wild imagination. I enjoyed dressing up, dancing, doing plays, writing stories, drawing pictures, and generating new things out of old things. I love having creative control. My story A Stranger’s Eyes is a product of my imagination taking control. I constantly have different story ideas running through my mind on a daily basis, only this time, after discussing this particular idea with my mother Carrie and partner Kieran, they insisted that I needed to get this story down on paper. My novel is inspired by such movies as; The Skeleton Key and The Craft mixed up together with a bit of history, drama, and underlying romance.
About the Author
Born in Queensland, Australia, 1984, Nikki Minty rose into this world with a wild imagination. As a young girl, she would lay in bed with her family of a night, co-telling stories about the big bad wolf and his turbulent adventures.
Now residing in the suburbs of Sydney with two children of her own, Nikki has taken her story telling to a whole new level by writing the novel, A Stranger’s Eyes, which is book number one of an upcoming series.
Fascinated by witchcraft and the supernatural, Nikki’s style of writing incorporates an even balance of magic and realism. Each chapter of her book, A stranger’s eyes, is sprinkled with a hint of magic yet blended into a realistic setting, allowing the ‘real’ and ‘supernatural’ to be accepted in the same stream of thought.
When she’s not busy writing, or working as a vet nurse at the greyhound track, Nikki loves to pull out her pencils and paintbrushes. Her house is filled with many of her wacky artworks, and not to mention, a vast collection of Monster High dolls.
Enter the giveaway for a chance to win an ebook copy of A Stranger's Eyes by Nikki Minty.