Tuesday, July 14, 2015

"Mr. Wright Forever" by Alannah Carbonneau

NEW RELEASE and EXCERPT
Mr. Wright Forever
(Wild Card Book 2)
by Alannah Carbonneau


Mr. Wright Forever, the second and final book in Alannah Carbonneau's Wild Card series, has just been released. You can read an excerpt below. Also available: Mr. Wright Now (read my blog post).


Description
He was supposed to be the man I loved – forever.
He shot that fantasy to Hell. He broke my heart and shattered my soul.
I was moving on – or it looked that way to those on the outside looking in. I’d moved to Chicago and landed myself a killer job. I was making friends and then out of the blue he was there – and all over again I felt myself falling. This time, it wasn’t an easy fall. I fought it hard.
But one night with Kade Wright can never be one simple night. I should have known. I’ve been here before.
From the very beginning, Mr. Wright Now was always Mr. Wright Forever.
Note: This book is intended for audiences 18 years of age or older due to strong sexual content and language. This book will end in a Happily Ever After with NO cliffhanger. It is the final book in the Wild Card series, concluding Nelena's and Kade's journey.


Excerpt
“What are we doing, Kade?”
I loved hearing my name on her lips. There’s nothing better than the sweet sound of her voice saying my name. Even when it’s flowing from those lips in anger, I liked it. I just liked me – on her.
“We’re not fighting us anymore.” My reply was firm and her eyes widened in shock. 
“We aren’t?”
I shook my head resolutely. “No, Nelena, we aren’t.”
“How do you figure?”
I could feel my blood heat in my veins as I took a step toward her, pushing her from the elevator and into my space by first infiltrating hers. I wanted to push my way into everything that is her and hers. I wanted to infiltrate every crevice of her heart, every inch of her body, until I was too entwined within her to ever lose her again.
She gasped a breathless sound and I tried not to let her see just how intimately her breathlessness affected me. It took me all of seconds to open the door of my condo before pushing her inside. I know she’s fighting a war inside – I know because I can see it through the honey brown of her eyes, and like a predator, I can sense the increased frequency that is the beating of her heart.
“Stop fighting this.” I whispered, pushing her back against the closed door of my condo, caging her within my arms on either side of her body. “You know it’s pointless. I know you feel for me what I feel for you. I know you’ve craved me every moment we’ve been apart.”
“No.” She shook her head adamantly. I’m really not sure if she’s trying to convince me, or herself.
I continued as though she never even spoke. “Your body craves mine. I know because even now, even though you’re fighting me with everything you have, your leaning into me. Your chest is pushing toward mine, acting against your every instinct to fight me.” Her breaths quickly turned short. “You’re breathing is quick and sharp. You respond to my voice on a primal level and you know this reaction isn’t something that should be fought. Fighting this – us – shouldn’t even be considered.”


Praise for the Book
"Alannah Carbonneau has done it again she's given us another heartbreakingly beautiful story. [...] This book deals with heartbreak, friendships, love, family, loyalty and betrayal. And in true Alannah form nothing is ever plain sailing when hearts are involved. I don't want to give too much away, you need to read this book. I seriously loved the ending, Alannah never disappoints me. I can't wait to read more, fantastic books to come." ~ Vicci Kaighan
"I loved book one of this series Mr. Wright Now and was very excited to read the conclusion of the story. I was not disappointed! Alannah Carbonneau has done it again, she has written a really good ending to Kade and Neleena's story. I couldn't put it down. [...] Another lovely romantic story from Alannah about love, loss and hope. A definite read." ~ A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
"Oh my word can this lady write!!!! Yet again Alannah Carbonneau has given us a series that turns up the emotions and the heat, whilst also dealing with the rawness of heartache but believing in a forever love. This is a wonderful story of how life can suddenly switch tracks and the line you believed you were on fades away into a new path with new adventure and love. [...] The second book in this series brings a fantastic close to Nelena and Kade's story and it's one you don't want to miss out on. The epilogue is written in such a beautiful way and will make the most non believers of true love a convert ! Bravo Ms Carbonneau yet another fabulous 5* read, thank you for the pleasure." ~ Ashley Heather
"What a great continuation of Mr. Wright Now! Alannah Carbonneau has a way of pulling you in from the very first page. Kade and Nelena's story picks up right where it left off in Mr. Wright Now. [...] If you haven't read this series, what are you waiting for? You won't be disappointed!" ~ Indies Heart


From the Author
I live in Alberta, Canada, where the weather is forever changing (without warning). I am engaged to be married in August 2015 to my high school sweetheart and love of my life. There are no children in my life as of right now, but we do have a handful of rambunctious cats (four) and a testy, rescued Shepard/Husky, who take up a lot of my time.
Ever since I can remember, I’ve adored the written word. English was always my favorite class and that may be biased because I can’t count to save my life, so math was a horror! I remember the very first novel I ever read, Shocking Pink by Erica Spindler. It was the most interesting of the covers on my mom’s bookshelf (probably because it was pink) and I was way too young to be reading that novel. But I fell in love. From there, I read almost everything from V. C. Andrews.
My writing started out as poetry, which then evolved to songs, and later into novels. I was never one for the short stories as I found it too difficult to pack everything I imagined into something so small. I now have multiple novels published independently. I write both novels for young adults and novels for adults – all romance. 
Despite my favorite younger reading material, I now adore writing and reading all things romance.


Links